Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

R.E.S.P.E.C.T Find Out What It Means To Me!

I am a medical office assistant and I feel that I am a genuine person, kind, caring, pleasant, and RESPECTFUL.

My job entails lots of multi-tasking and "customer service".  I have learned to smile and be friendly to people even when sometimes they are not friendly to me. Usually when people are calling or stopping into the office, it is because they are not feeling well, who can be in a great mood when you are not feeling too hot yourself, and I respect that. I smile and try and make them feel comfortable with my words and try my hardest to  accommodate them to see the doctor as soon as I can. I have been complimented on my work ethic more than I can count on my fingers and toes and my bosses friends always ask how she found such a great office assistant.

But, with all that said, there are days like today that make me doubt my character and the characters of others.

I am not going to ramble about what happened that made me write this post but I would like to say my opinion. Since I have this outlet I will take advantage. We all have our opinions and these are mine.

I find now a days people are becoming more rude, less tolerant, more arrogant, and less compassionate. In a simpler term I would call them Bullies!

I was bullied twice today, both times surprisingly from older women. I feel that I handled myself in a mature way but I can't help but over think the chance that I may have been rude in my response. I honestly was so peeved in the moment that I could barely think straight and to this moment I even forget the conversation that had taken place.

I guess I am rambling LOL

Basically I was taught by my parents so hold the door for people, eat what was put on my plate, work hard, and be respectful especially to my elders.

You never know what people are going through, maybe a death in their family, a bad break up, or even just a bad morning. But, I feel no matter the issue of how mad or upset you are, you should always respect everyone! No need to take your bad day, week or year out on the next closest person.

No matter my mood. I will always treat people with respect and kindness. I always expect the same in return. I also feel that anyone who works anywhere should also be treated with respect. I try my hardest to get to the phone, answer the beeps, tend to patient concerns, tend to the doctors concerns, and get all my other work done. There is no reason to treat me poorly when I can't give you my undivided attention or answer your call immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment